Today, all buildings are closed to public. Today, the library is at Service Level 1.
At the Main Library during Service Level 1, new contact-free services (holds pickup and returns) are available 10 am to 6 pm Mondays through Saturdays.
Main Library (open Service Level 2)
Maze Branch (open Service Level 3)
Returning your library items
- All buildings have book drops inside the buildings, near main entrances.
- Outside 24-hour book drops are located:
- Outside the Main Library in the Scoville Park Plaza.
- In Village of Oak Park Parking Lot 55, accessible from North Boulevard (between Kenilworth and Oak Park avenues). See on Google Maps »
- At Maze Branch in front of the building on Gunderson Avenue.
- At Dole Branch just north of the building on Augusta Street.
- Main Library: The underground parking garage is currently closed to the public. When open, it offers two hours of free parking and is elevator accessible. The garage entrance is locked when the library is closed. The kiosk accepts cash and credit cards.
Hours 0-2 2-3 3-4 4-6 6-12 Rates free $1 $5 $10 $20
- Dole and Maze Branches: Street parking available.
When library buildings are closed
- Your digital library is always open, accessible from anywhere »
- When we are closed due to extreme weather, these area warming centers may be open »
- Unexpected, emergency closings are posted on oppl.org, and on the Emergency Closing Center website. Information also is shared with area organizations and on the library’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Our 2020 Library Calendar was approved by the Board of Library Trustees on November 26, 2019. Two Fridays each year, Main Library and Dole Branch open to the public at 2 pm. Maze Branch is closed all Fridays. In 2020, those two dates are June 12 and December 4. Read more about Staff Engagement Days »
- Have a question? Contact us now »